Selecting and following a suitable career path is one of the most critical decisions we make in our lifetime. Career planning requires expert guidance and insights into the available educational opportunities around the world. Acquaintance with the pre-requisites of admission and other formalities involved, is equally important

Zephyr Visa assists many students study overseas every year and further helps settle down after the successful completion of their course.

A great country to live in and do business, Australia has an enviable reputation as it offers premium standard of living.

Australia Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) allows living and working in Australia temporarily after overseas students compete their studies in Australia.

Post-Study Work stream is for international students who graduate with an eligible qualification. This stream is only available to students who applied for and were granted their first Student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to 4 years, depending on the qualification.

You must be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when your visa is decided.

Admission Requirements for Students

  • All students are required to obtain a student authorization and visa before proceeding for their studies.
  • Admission to an institution does not guarantee the issuance of student visa.
  • Students must meet the requirement of the immigration Acts and Regulations of the respective countries.
  • It is recommended that a student must allow three months to process their application.
  • After the student has signed the agreement with us, we start applying on his behalf to various colleges and universities.
  • On getting the acceptance letter from the university, the student is required to generate the documents in the visa process.
  • International University degrees are offered at three consecutive levels - Bachelor, Master and Doctoral.
  • The possession of a degree from the lower level is generally a pre-requisite for the admission to the next.
  • Some universities also offer diploma and certificate courses, which require one or two years of study in a specific field or discipline.
  • All Universities and colleges require certified copies of documents and academic records.
  • Students have to take the test of English ability IELTS and must obtain an average score 6 Bands.
  • These scores may vary for different colleges and universities.We provide personalized services to students once they sign up with Zephyr Visa as the consultant.

What does sponsorship involve?

Your sponsor must provide a written undertaking to provide support for you for the first two years from the grant of you visa, or from the time you arrive in Australia if you are applying outside Australia.

This includes providing accommodation and financial assistance as required to meet you and your family’s reasonable living needs.

Assurance of support (“AOS”)

An AOS is a legal commitment by a person or entity (‘assurer’) to repay to the government the amount of any welfare payments made to the applicant within the first two years after the applicant enters Australia or is granted their visa (as applicable). The assurer does not have to be the sponsor.

An AOS does not need to be provided at the time of application. It should only be provided when requested later by the Minister. It will be requested by the Minister and cannot be waived. When requested by the Minister, the applicant will be directed to Centre link to organize the AOS. Centre link processes and administers all AOSs.

This is a visa for the last remaining relative of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. In order to apply you must be sponsored by an Australian relative or the spouse of an Australian relative.

You can apply either from within or outside Australia.

Who can apply?

In order to eligible for the visa you must:

  1. Be the sister, brother, half-brother, half-sister, step-brother, step-sister, child or step-child of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, who is usually resident in Australia
  2. Be a “remaining relative” of that Australian resident (see below)
  3. Be sponsored by that Australian relative or the Australian relative’s spouse, and
  4. Meet health, character, public interest and special return criteria.

Remaining relative

To be a remaining relative the applicant must show that the applicant and their spouse have no ‘near relatives’ (see below) other than those who are ‘usually resident’ in Australia as Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens.

If the applicant is under 18 years of age and has been adopted by an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen (ie an ‘adoptive parent’) while they were overseas, the adoptive parent must have, at the time of application, been residing overseas for at least 12 months. The terms “adoption”, “adopted” and “adoptive” are specifically defined under the regulations. It is important that you seek advice from a migration agent in relation to this.

Near relative

A ‘near relative’ is defined as a:

  1. Parent, brother, sister or step equivalent of the applicant or applicant’s spouse; or
  2. Child (including step-child) of the applicant or the applicant’s spouse, being a child who has turned 18 and is not dependent on the applicant or the applicant’s spouse; or
  3. Child (including step-child) of the applicant or the applicant’s spouse) who is under 18 and is not in the daily care and control of the applicant. (ie., if the applicant’s child is under 18 and is under the daily care and control of the applicant’s former partner, this child is a “near relative” of the applicant.)

Usually resident

In considering whether a relative is “usually resident” the Department of Immigration will look at where the person is physically present, the length of that residence, where they eat, sleep and have their settled home, whether the residence is lawful or unlawful and the person’s intention to make a particular country their usual home.

Who can sponsor me?

The sponsor must:

  1. Partner
  2. Be approved as a sponsor
  3. Not be subject to a restriction on sponsoring (e.g., if the Australian relative has either been granted or previously successfully sponsored someone for a remaining relative visa, they will not be able to be a sponsor for a remaining relative visa)
  4. Be 18 or more years of age.
  5. Be the Australian relative or eligible New Zealand citizen of the applicant or the spouse of the Australian relative.
  6. Be usually resident in Australia- generally if they are living outside Australia on a permanent or long- term basis then they will not be “usually resident” in Australia even if they are an Australian citizen or permanent resident. The Department of Immigration will consider all the sponsor’s circumstances including the amount of time spent in a particular country in the last 2 years, the nature and strength of their ties with that country, ownership of home or business, presence of family/friends etc.
  7. Be settled in Australia- generally the sponsor will need to have been lawfully resident in Australia for a period of two years unless there are compelling and compassionate circumstances.
  8. Arrange an assurance of support (see below), and
  9. Arrange payment of a refundable bond of $5,000 for the principal applicant plus $2,000 for any other person over 18.
  10. It is possible to change the sponsor at any time prior to a decision being made on the application. However, the new sponsor must meet the above criteria.